113 Sycamore Field 0800 246 1381

Eviction Of Travellers In Greater London's Merton

The travellers in Merton often face problems with finding the authorized sites in the UK because of UK's housing crisis.

This shortage in Merton has led to a dramatic increase in the numbers of travellers setting up unauthorised campsites in Morden, Mitcham, or Wimbledon such as playing fields and car parks.

Looking at the government figures, between 2016 and 2017, a 17% increment in the total number of Merton travellers on unlicensed sections not managed by travellers was realised.

Whereas only 2% increase in socially rented plots in Greater London was observed during the time frame of 2010 and 2017.

Options For Eviction Of Merton Travellers

When it comes to regaining possession of land and evicting travellers in Morden, Wimbledon, or Mitcham, the Greater London land owners and local authorities can use two options.

The first alternative is to evict travellers in Greater London by making use of common law.

This law allows landowners in Merton the authority to make travellers leave their property in Greater London, and may even employ the use of force to do so.

Such Evictions in Merton are conducted by enforcement agents.

Enforcement Agents from Denbigh Franks usually give a notice that allows the travellers 24 hours to leave the Merton property.

After the 24-hour deadline expires and the traveller has not vacated the site in Mitcham, Wimbledon, or Morden, then the Denbigh Franks enforcement agent will be back with equipment and if they feel the need police can also be called to remove the Travellers who are still at the sight.

Using common law in Greater London has numerous advantages.

The benefits of eviction of travellers in Merton using common law include the speed of the operation.

In many situations, a common law eviction will take place within 24 hours, which ensures that there is less opportunity to cause damage to the land or property in Merton and reduces the possibility of flipping the fly.

The other choice for local authorities and landowners in Greater London is to get a writ of possession.

Under a writ of possession, the first eviction step in Merton is to obtain a possession order.

Order of possession is made out to persons unknown against the travellers or squatters in Morden, Mitcham, or Wimbledon.

Once you are awarded the order for possession in Merton, you can transfer it to the High Court, there, the High Court Enforcement Officer (HCEO) of Denbigh Franks has the prerogative to enforce the order.

The largest advantage of utilizing a possessions writ in Greater London and moving it to the High Court is that the notice will not have to be served, the Denbigh Franks HCEO decides whether to do so depending on the situation.

This procedure is beneficial when dealing with travellers in Merton as it will prevent damage to property, resistance to eviction, or looting the property due to the factor of unexpectedness in Greater London.

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

Prevention In Merton By Long Term Measures

A considerable amount of money and time are invested when trying to remove a traveller from a property in Morden, Wimbledon, or Mitcham, and this is why it is always better to prevent it from happening at all, so to do so, there are certain things that Greater London land owners and local authorities could do.

Merton landlords may decide to build fences as well as gates on their property and put up a big bollard around the gates and by so doing, you will prevent unauthorised persons from gaining entrance to the property.

Another great way to secure an area of land from travellers in Merton is to put embankments, earth bunds and trenches.

Traveller Eviction FAQs

Denbigh Franks Eviction Services

Based in Merton, working nationwide

Get a FREE Quote

Find Out More

If you would like to find out more about the bespoke security services we provide here at Denbigh Franks, please do not hesitate to get in touch today. We look forward to answering any questions you may have.