113 Sycamore Field 0800 246 1381

Evicting Travellers In Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire

Not only do we have a housing crisis in the UK, but also limited authorised locations in Oxfordshire where travellers can put up campsites.

A shortage of approved places in Oxfordshire has culminated in a drastic increase in the number of travellers set up on illegal camps in Oxford, Banbury, or Bicester such as car parks and playgrounds.

According to statistics from the government, from 2016 to 2017 there was a 17 percent increase in the number of travellers on unauthorized areas in Oxfordshire that are not owned by travellers.

And the number of socially rented plots in Oxfordshire has dramatically reduced from 2010 to 2017.

Options In Oxfordshire When Evicting Travellers

As a landowner in Oxfordshire, you can choose from two options to repossess your land and evict travellers in Bicester, Oxford, or Banbury.

One way is to use the common law in Oxfordshire.

Under the common law, Oxfordshire landowners are allowed to use the authority if required and evict travellers from their land in Oxfordshire rightfully and lawfully.

Agents of enforcement will usually conduct common law evictions in Oxfordshire.

It is important to understand that evictions under law are accomplished by Denbigh Franks enforcement officers who will provide the travellers with a notice that gives them 24 hours to leave the Oxfordshire property.

If after 24-hour, the travellers did not leave the site in Oxford, Banbury, or Bicester, then the Denbigh Franks enforcement agents will return with police to remove any travellers who remain.

In Oxfordshire, common law has many different advantages.

One of which is the speedy removal of the Oxfordshire traveller from the premises.

The common law minimizes the risk of potential damage on the Oxfordshire property since it is enforced within 24 hours, and this short time frame also limits the chances of fly tipping.

Secondly, landowners and local authority in Oxfordshire should be ready to receive possession summons.

Under the writ of possession, the first step in Oxfordshire is to obtain an order of possession.

The possession order is usually made against "Persons Unknown" when referring to either squatters or travellers in Banbury, Bicester, or Oxford.

Once the landowner gets the order of possession in Oxfordshire he can then be able to get the enforcement by High Court Enforcement Officer (HCEO) from Denbigh Franks by transferring the order to High Court.

One of the biggest benefits you can enjoy from transferring a writ of possession in Oxfordshire to the High Court is that giving a notice is not mandatory and that decision is left to the Denbigh Franks HCEO exclusively.

This is helpful especially when dealing with the travellers in Oxfordshire as the element of surprise prevents the risk of damaging and stealing from the property or forming a resistance to eviction in Oxfordshire.

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

Long Term Preventative Measures In Oxfordshire

It is recommended to prevent such kinds of scenarios from occurring since a lot of time and money is wasted when evicting a traveller from your land in Banbury, Oxford, or Bicester, and there are several things that the local authorities and landowners in Oxfordshire can do to avoid such circumstances from happening.

You need to take immediate steps to forestall these from happening in the first place, so the first thing you can do is to put fences and gates around the land in Oxfordshire to discourage third parties from going on.

In comparison, embankments, soil bunds and pits are also a perfect way to secure a land area in Oxfordshire from unwanted visitors.

Traveller Eviction FAQs

Denbigh Franks Eviction Services

Based in Oxfordshire, working nationwide

Get a FREE Quote

Find Out More

If you would like to find out more about the bespoke security services we provide here at Denbigh Franks, please do not hesitate to get in touch today. We look forward to answering any questions you may have.