113 Sycamore Field 0800 246 1381

Evicting Travellers In Peterborough, Cambridgeshire

Housing issues in the UK are not hidden from us and along with other problems, authorised sites for the travellers in Peterborough is also the one.

Therefore, a number of travellers in Peterborough are using the unauthorized encampments in Orton Southgate, Eye, or Farcet like playing fields and car parks.

According to government records, in 2016 to 2017 the number of caravans setting up on authorized plots in Peterborough has been increased up to 17%.

Between 2010 and 2017 there was just a two percent rise in socially rented places in Cambridgeshire.

Travellers Eviction Options In Peterborough

As a landowner in Cambridgeshire, you can choose from two options to repossess your land and evict travellers in Eye, Orton Southgate, or Farcet.

The first option is to use the common law to evict them in Cambridgeshire.

Under the common law, land owners in Peterborough are within their rights to evict travellers from their Cambridgeshire land and permission to apply reasonable force if need be.

They usually take help from the enforcement agents to carry out eviction in Peterborough under common law.

The tourists are normally served with an order to move out of premise in Peterborough within a span of 24 hours by Denbigh Franks enforcement agents.

If the site in Orton Southgate, Farcet, or Eye is not vacated after the 24-hour period, the Denbigh Franks enforcement agents will return to remove any remaining travellers with the equipment, and possibly police if necessary.

Common law has many advantageous points in Cambridgeshire.

The main one being the speedy manner a tourist is evicted in Peterborough.

The best thing about common law is that it enables you to remove the travellers within 24 hours which protects your Peterborough property from all types of damages by allowing you to evict the travellers within 24 hours, and it also reduces the opportunity for fly tipping.

The other choice for local authorities and landowners in Cambridgeshire is to get a writ of possession.

To get an 'order of possession' is the first step towards eviction in Peterborough under possession writ.

The possession order is usually made against "Persons Unknown" when referring to either squatters or travellers in Farcet, Eye, or Orton Southgate.

As soon as the order of possession is granted in Peterborough, it can be transferred up to the High Court by the petitioner where the Denbigh Franks HCEO (High Court Enforcement Officer) then enforces it.

The key advantage of using a writ of possession in Cambridgeshire which is transferred to the High Court is that serving a notice is not required and the Denbigh Franks HCEO takes the decision, as determined by the situation.

This method is beneficial to landowners because the Peterborough travellers or squatters are caught off guard and it minimizes the chances for resisting to vacate, stealing or destroying the property in Cambridgeshire.

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

Long Term Preventative Measures In Peterborough

It is recommended to prevent such kinds of scenarios from occurring since a lot of time and money is wasted when evicting a traveller from your land in Farcet, Orton Southgate, or Eye, and there are several things that the local authorities and landowners in Cambridgeshire can do to avoid such circumstances from happening.

One thing that can be done is to put fences or more one can have large billboards installed at the entrances, and both are great ways of stopping any unauthorised person from entering the premises in Peterborough.

In comparison, embankments, soil bunds and pits are also a perfect way to secure a land area in Peterborough from unwanted visitors.

Traveller Eviction FAQs

Denbigh Franks Eviction Services

Based in Peterborough, working nationwide

Get a FREE Quote

Find Out More

If you would like to find out more about the bespoke security services we provide here at Denbigh Franks, please do not hesitate to get in touch today. We look forward to answering any questions you may have.