113 Sycamore Field 0800 246 1381

Evicting Travellers In Southampton, Hampshire

In Southampton, there's a shortage of authorised sites for travellers because of the housing crisis in the UK.

The scarcity of legitimate sites in Southampton has caused a dramatic growth in the number of travellers settling on illegal camps such as playing field and car parks in Marchwood, Eling, or Hillyfields.

Looking at the government figures, between 2016 and 2017, a 17% increment in the total number of Southampton travellers on unlicensed sections not managed by travellers was realised.

While between 2010 and 2017 there was an increase of 2 percent in plots that are socially rented in Hampshire.

Eviction Options In Southampton For Travellers

There are two alternatives for local authorities and landowners in Hampshire if they wish to evict travellers and get back possession of the land in Eling, Marchwood, or Hillyfields.

Using common law to evict travellers in Hampshire is the first option.

Under common law, landowners in Southampton are allowed to evict travellers from their Hampshire land and use reasonable force if necessary.

Enforcement agencies often execute removal under common law in Southampton.

The tourists are normally served with an order to move out of premise in Southampton within a span of 24 hours by Denbigh Franks enforcement agents.

In case after 24 hours, the travellers still haven't left the property in Hillyfields, Eling, or Marchwood, then the agents from Denbigh Franks will use tools and police, if needed, to evict travellers.

In Hampshire, common law has many different advantages.

The main one being the speedy manner a tourist is evicted in Southampton.

In most cases, it takes less than 24 hours to carry out the eviction in Southampton, so, the traveller has less time to damage your property or the land as well as reduce the chances of illegal dumping of wastes on the property.

For landlords and local authorities in Hampshire, the other choice is to seek an ownership note.

Receiving an order of occupancy is the first move to evicting under a custody warrant in Southampton.

This can be served to an "unknown" when the possession order is for travellers or squatters in Hillyfields, Eling, or Marchwood.

Once you are awarded the order for possession in Southampton, you can transfer it to the High Court, there, the High Court Enforcement Officer (HCEO) of Denbigh Franks has the prerogative to enforce the order.

The benefit of transferring up the writ of possessions to the High Court in Hampshire is that the High Court Officer from Denbigh Franks decides the right way to enforce the order.

This is specifically important when dealing with travellers in Southampton as the surprise aspect takes away any chance to vandalize property, steal from the premise, or for when there is expected resistance in Hampshire.

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

Long Term Preventative Measures In Southampton

It is advisable that you avoid scenarios like these for happening as a great amount of time as well as cash is squandered while ejecting a traveller in Eling, Marchwood, or Hillyfields, and there are various things that landowners and the local authority in Hampshire may do to prevent such situations from occurring.

Illegal visitors can be stopped from gaining access to the lands in Southampton by installing gates and fences to barricade the land and installing prominent bollards at entry points.

On top of this, trenches, earth bunds, and embankments, are as well good methods of securing an area of land in Southampton from unauthorized visitors.

Traveller Eviction FAQs

Denbigh Franks Eviction Services

Based in Southampton, working nationwide

Get a FREE Quote

Find Out More

If you would like to find out more about the bespoke security services we provide here at Denbigh Franks, please do not hesitate to get in touch today. We look forward to answering any questions you may have.