113 Sycamore Field 0800 246 1381

Traveller Eviction In St Helens In Merseyside

Not only do we have a housing crisis in the UK, but also limited authorised locations in St Helens where travellers can put up campsites.

The crisis of shortage of authorised site in St Helens has only lead to the rise of travellers setting up on unauthorised places in Haydock, Billinge, or Prescot including car parks and playing fields.

Governmental statistics suggest that there was a 17% rise in camping on unauthorized grounds in St Helens from 2016 to 2017.

From 2010 to 2017, there was only a 2% increment in socially leased areas in Merseyside.

Options For Eviction Of Travellers In St Helens

Merseyside landowners and local authorities have two ways to reclaim land ownership and expel visitors in Billinge, Haydock, or Prescot.

The first option is to use the common law to evict them in Merseyside.

Under the common law, St Helens landowners are allowed to use the authority if required and evict travellers from their land in Merseyside rightfully and lawfully.

Enforcement agencies often execute removal under common law in St Helens.

Enforcement Agents from Denbigh Franks usually give a notice that allows the travellers 24 hours to leave the St Helens property.

If the traveller does not comply to this notice and leave the location in Billinge, Prescot, or Haydock, the agents from Denbigh Franks will forcefully remove the traveller, with or without the help of the police.

Using the common law in Merseyside offers tons of benefits.

The largest benefit is the speed at which the eviction in St Helens can be done.

In a lot of instances eviction carried out under the common law can be carried out within one day, amplifying there is less time for possible damage to the land or property in St Helens and therefore reducing fly tipping chances.

For landlords and local authorities in Merseyside, the other choice is to seek an ownership note.

To take advantage of this provision in St Helens, you are required to first obtain an order of possession.

An order of possession is typically given to a "Persons Unknown" when talking about travellers or squatters in Prescot, Billinge, or Haydock.

When the order of possession has been awarded in St Helens, then the applicant may transfer it to the High Court and then be executed by a Denbigh Franks High Court Enforcement Officer (HCEO).

The benefit of transferring up the writ of possessions to the High Court in Merseyside is that the High Court Officer from Denbigh Franks decides the right way to enforce the order.

This benefit is more pronounced with dealing with St Helens travellers since it doesn't give them enough time to spring surprises or vandalize your property and it also comes in handy if you expect some degree of resistance in Merseyside.

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

Prevention In St Helens By Long Term Measures

You don't want to spend more money and time in the process of evicting travellers from your property in Prescot, Billinge, or Haydock, so for land owners and local authorities in Merseyside, there are options available to find long term measures.

Building gates and fences around the land and erecting a big billboard at the property entries are excellent measures to avoiding the entry of illegal or unapproved persons in your property in St Helens.

In comparison, embankments, soil bunds and pits are also a perfect way to secure a land area in St Helens from unwanted visitors.

Denbigh Franks Eviction Services

Based in St Helens, working nationwide

Get a FREE Quote

Find Out More

If you would like to find out more about the bespoke security services we provide here at Denbigh Franks, please do not hesitate to get in touch today. We look forward to answering any questions you may have.