113 Sycamore Field 0800 246 1381

Eviction Of Travellers In Wiltshire's Swindon

The travellers in Swindon often face problems with finding the authorized sites in the UK because of UK's housing crisis.

The low number of authorized sites in Swindon has resulted in a high number of travellers camping in unauthorized places such as playing fields and car parks in Devizes, Melksham, or Calne.

Government data indicates that there has been a 17% increase in the number of caravans on unauthorized plots and land not owned by travellers in Swindon from 2016-2017.

Whereas only 2% increase in socially rented plots in Wiltshire was observed during the time frame of 2010 and 2017.

Eviction Options In Swindon For Travellers

Municipalities and landowners in Wiltshire can evict and recover possession of their land in Devizes, Calne, or Melksham in two ways.

The first is Eviction in Wiltshire using Common Law.

The common law allows landowners in Swindon to evict travellers from their Wiltshire property and can use reasonable force if necessary.

Evictions of travellers under common law in Swindon are often carried out by enforcement agents.

Enforcement Agents from Denbigh Franks usually give a notice that allows the travellers 24 hours to leave the Swindon property.

If travellers don't vacate the place in Devizes, Melksham, or Calne within the given time, then agents from Denbigh Franks will go back with the equipment and police if needed, to remove the travellers from the land.

Including removal from common law in Wiltshire has several advantages.

The main benefit is the speed at which a traveller is removed from Swindon.

In many situations, a common law eviction will take place within 24 hours, which ensures that there is less opportunity to cause damage to the land or property in Swindon and reduces the possibility of flipping the fly.

The second option for Wiltshire landowners and local authorities is to obtain a writ of possession.

To get an 'order of possession' is the first step towards eviction in Swindon under possession writ.

The order of possession is made against the "persons unknown" while dealing with travellers or intruders in Devizes, Melksham, or Calne.

Once the possession order has been issued in Swindon, the plaintiff can then transfer it to the High Court for enforcement by a High Court Enforcement Officer (HCEO) from Denbigh Franks.

When moving a writ of possessions to the High Court in Wiltshire, it is advantageous that the HCEO from Denbigh Franks can plan on if notice will have to be served or not.

Another advantage of using this course of action is that it catches Swindon travellers by surprise, thus reducing the likelihood of them resisting, or trying to damage the property as an act of protest in Wiltshire.

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

Long Term Measures For Prevention In Swindon

There are several things local authorities and landowners in Wiltshire can do to stop these situations from arising, as prevention is always better when dealing with an eviction in Melksham, Devizes, or Calne and the potential time and money involved.

The best way to stop the unauthorized persons from entering land in Swindon is to put fences and gates around the land and you can also prevent unauthorized access by installing large bollards at entrances.

Also, trenches, earth bunds, and embankments are excellent ways of protecting your property in Swindon from unwelcome guests.

Traveller Eviction FAQs

Denbigh Franks Eviction Services

Based in Swindon, working nationwide

Get a FREE Quote

Find Out More

If you would like to find out more about the bespoke security services we provide here at Denbigh Franks, please do not hesitate to get in touch today. We look forward to answering any questions you may have.