113 Sycamore Field 0800 246 1381

How Can I Evict Tenants In London Without Visiting Court In Greater London

1. Notice of Section 21 or Section 8

If you need to inform your occupant in London that you would like them to vacate your house in Hackney, Kensington and Chelsea, or Islington, it will be important to issue either a Section 21 or Section 8 notice under the Housing Act 1988.

A Section 21 notice of ownership is issued by Denbigh Franks to provide 'notice of ownership' to the renter in London.

This indicates that you can take back ownership of your property in Greater London's London at the end of a fixed-term tenancy approval or activate an agreed break clause.

Essentially, you don't have to give any justification to claim property in Greater London when you issue a valid Section 21 notice.

A Section 8 eviction notice is fulfilled when you possess grounds for eviction in Greater London's London.

For instance, the renter hasn't paid the lease in Hackney, damaged the residence in Kensington and Chelsea, or is inflicting a problem in Islington.

In some cases, like that, you can cancel the tenancy in London during its fixed term if the renter breaks the tenancy contract.

But your Greater London renter may challenge it and could go to the court where you will be required to prove your reason for the eviction.

The notices are completely self-sufficient and issued for unique reasons but generate the same outcome - you get your possession of the London property.

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

2. Denbigh Franks Issue A Section 21 Notice Of Ownership

A Section 21 notice is not technically an eviction notification, but a reminder to notify the London renter that you, the owner, want to regain ownership of the property in Hackney, Kensington and Chelsea, or Islington once they've taken off.

The first procedure is to grant the London renter not less than two months' notice that you want them to leave the domain in Greater London at the end of the tenancy.

If a fixed term of the tenancy has come to an end or there is a break clause that can be activated, you can fulfil a Section 21 notice of ownership in London.

You can fulfil it even if the London renter hasn't committed anything immoral, and you don't have to give a justification for regaining empty ownership of the Greater London property.

But, a Section 21 notice must be fulfilled correctly if you want to be qualified to enforce it in court in Greater London.

The Deregulation Act 2015 brought up modifications to the way tenancies can be terminated with the Section 21 method.

Initially, it only pertained to London tenancies that were fixed on or after 1 October 2015.

But, from 1 October 2018, it pertains to all Greater London tenancies - not regarding when it was decided.

The most vital regulations are:

A Section 21 notice can't be issued by Denbigh Franks during the first four months of the rent but, if the contract has been refreshed by the end of a fixed term, you can perform a Section 21 notice in London at any point during the refreshed contract.

Section 21 notice will be useful only for six months from the date it was served, and if ownership proceedings in London, Greater London are not served during the six-month duration, another reminder or notice will have to be served.

If your renter in London brings about a valid complaint about the situation of your house in Greater London and you fail to attend to it, the renter may then transfer the case to the local housing authority; A section 21 notice handed out after the first complaint will be ineffective once the local housing authority notice is issued.

You can use our template under Section 21 with the 6A form.

The London renter should likewise be provided with the subsequent information when they commence leasing for a Section 21 to be valid:

A Gas Safety Certificate

An Energy Performance Certificate (EPC)

The 'How to Lease' manual, this manual must be provided for a renter at the beginning of any fresh tenancy

3. Denbigh Franks Can Serve A Section 8 Eviction Notice In London

If you possess grounds to evict a renter in Hackney, Kensington and Chelsea, or Islington, you can commence the eviction procedure in London by performing a Section 8 notice seeking ownership.

The grounds in Greater London for performing a Section 8 eviction order are set out in Schedule 2 of the Housing Act 1988.

The most popular reasons for evicting a tenant in Greater London's London are:

Lease arrears

Damage or ruin to the house


To provide your renters in Hackney, Kensington and Chelsea, or Islington notice utilizing a Section 8, you must fill in a 'Notice seeking ownership of a house let on a positive tenancy or an assured agricultural occupancy.'

You must indicate on the information what terms of the London tenancy have been broken and must provide between two weeks' and two months' notification relying on which terms you depend on.

You will then need to apply to the Greater London court for an ownership order if your renters in London do not vacate by the stipulated date.

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

4. Make An Ownership Order In London In Greater London

If your renter declines to vacate London after being given an eviction notice from Denbigh Franks, you're permitted to act.

You could use an accelerated ownership order in London if you performed a Section 21 notice, there is a written tenancy contract, and you are not claiming any due lease.

You could use the basic ownership claim if you performed either a section 8 or 21 notice in London or need to get your property back in Hackney, Kensington and Chelsea, or Islington and at the same time claim lease arrears from the renter.

If the renter in London refuses to leave after the order for occupancy has ended, it will be important to inform the Greater London County Court Bailiff to evict - this may take an additional four to six weeks or more relying on the County Court.

Denbigh Franks Eviction Services

Based in London, working nationwide

Get a FREE Quote

Find Out More

If you would like to find out more about the bespoke security services we provide here at Denbigh Franks, please do not hesitate to get in touch today. We look forward to answering any questions you may have.