113 Sycamore Field 0800 246 1381

Eviction Of Residential In London, Greater London

Eviction Notices From Private Landlords In London

Learn about the various kinds of notice your landlord can give you to end your occupancy in London.

Documented Notice From A Private Landlord In London, Greater London

Your London landlord should usually offer you notice in writing, and this is applicable even if you do not have a printed tenancy agreement.

The amount of notice you get is determined by:

Your tenancy type in London

Reasons for your eviction by your landlord in Hackney, Kensington and Chelsea, or Islington

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

Lodgers In London, Greater London

Normally, your landlord in London still must give you a notice even if you're living together.

This does not need to be printed or be in the form of the letter unless your contract says so.

You should be given reasonable notice from your Greater London landlord to eject you.

Your landlord does not require a writ to evict you since you're an excluded occupier in Hackney, Kensington and Chelsea, or Islington.

Section 21 Notice In London, Greater London

The most common way for a personal landlord to terminate an assured shorthold occupancy in London is the section 21 notice.

Most private renters in London have assured shorthold occupancies.

Your Greater London property-owner doesn't need to provide a reason why they need you to leave their property if the section 21 eviction process is used.

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

Section 8 Notices In London, Greater London

A section 8 notice is often employed by a private property owner who wants to remove an assured renter or an assured shorthold occupant in London for a legal reason.

Usually, you'll be given 2 weeks' notice if you're in rent arrears or violate the terms and conditions of your tenancy contract in Hackney, Kensington and Chelsea, or Islington.

You'll get 2 months' notice if the London property owner wants the house back for the non-fault reason, for instance, if the previous occupant is deceased and you took over the tenancy from him/her.

Quit Notice In London, Greater London

If you're a tenant in London with elementary protection, your landlord can offer you a quit notice to terminate your tenancy.

This elementary protection includes:

Certain property custodians

Students in residence halls in London

If you reside within the same property as your landlord in Greater London, but you share different apartments

They can do that if you've got a rolling or periodic contract.

A quit notice in London must:

Give you a minimum of 4 weeks' notice

Close on the first or last day of an occupancy period

Contain some legal information, and where to get advice in London

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

Regulated Tenancies In London, Greater London

Landlords can also use this type of notice to end a regulated or protected occupancy in London.

If you've already been given, by your landlord in the past, this notice, they won't have to provide you with a new one in London.

You have solid rights if you are a protected or regulated occupant in Greater London.

In most cases you'll only be evicted if both:

Your landlord in London features a legal reason to evict you

The court in Greater London decides that it's sensible to evict you

Denbigh Franks Eviction Services

Based in London, working nationwide

Get a FREE Quote

Find Out More

If you would like to find out more about the bespoke security services we provide here at Denbigh Franks, please do not hesitate to get in touch today. We look forward to answering any questions you may have.